Goodness, you're fun. That's actually one of the expressions my little parrot-girl has picked up recently: "Oh, my GOODness!" It makes me laugh -- you sound like a little old lady in wonder -- but then again, I seem to have taught the saying to you, so I guess I must sound that way, too!
You're simply picking up more and more. We talked on the phone with your auntie recently, and she couldn't believe how much you've learned since your birthday a month ago. You can sing ABC's unassisted through the letter P, and you shock us almost daily with what you can remember from conversations hours or even a day before. Just today, when I asked you for Mommy's real name, you answered "Jennifer" (which you've learned from asking about letters on my lunchbag), and when I asked for Mommy's last name, you clearly attempted "Cullen" with a grin! I swear I've only told you my full name once or twice.
And holidays -- oh, my GOODness -- are they getting fun! I found out we would already be doing class Valentines this year, and you got so excited about bags and treats. We wound up with these baggies of Goldfish...
...because I just couldn't see sending chocolate to a room full of 2-year-olds. We had them ready all week, so each morning, you chirped "Valentines" and pointed to the top of our fridge.
This morning, we got you ready for the day in a sweet dress from relatives...
And what a blessing that your daycare teachers take pictures of special days for us. A sweet glimpse of you handing out your Valentine treats to friends...
...and posing with your best buds.
Once home, we went through your little owl Valentine bag of treats from friends and looked at all the cute cards. You were most excited by the Elmo ones (and Daddy liked the Iron Man one). You're pretty much set for Goldfish and small suckers, and you seemed so happy to show your Valentines to us.
I love, love being a part of your new experiences. I hope you enjoy Daddy and me this much for a long while -- we certainly enjoy you, little one.
We love you, little Valentine.
'Til next time, love to my Lorelai





No comments:
Post a Comment