This week, I've been feeling the end of summer. Back from our beach trip, we are in the last full week before daycare and school start entering our lives again. We have had a great summer, and I trust that there are blessings in the year to come, but I'll miss having so much time together.
This isn't your first year in daycare we are approaching, but this year, you seem so much more aware of your little world and the people in it. You still love, love your mommy, and I hope that won't change soon. You still yell "Daddy" when he comes home and most times that I get on my phone. (It MUST be Daddy on the phone, right?) You're learning to say the names of other loved people, too: Auntie, Ryan, GiGi, Maw, Uncle, and (attempts at) Grandpa.
One of the pleasures of this summer has been to watch your confidence grow. You walk -- and run! -- so much more now, and when you get comfortable, you get silly. We love your silly.
We love a little less the glimpses we are seeing of toddler tantrums -- but I also trust that we'll muddle through those somehow. We're lucky so far that these flashes of tantrum don't last long, and other times are full of books and puzzles and silly songs.
So this week, we returned to music class -- stopping first at the store's play area. You were quite intrigued by the play kitchen:
("Wait, Mom -- an oven I can play with?")
You again enjoyed the music class and a silly book about a long-nosed pig. You clutched your music sticks...
You waited to choose an instrument for a parade with other kids...
...and listened intently to the Bunny Fufu song.
We returned later in the week for a storytime. There was a book about Elmo sneezing, and all the kiddos got scarves to practice the ACHOO! After a moment of looking stunned, you decided the silly play was fun :)
Throughout this week, I've enjoyed watching you in your bigger-kid moments. At a playscape, you got a little more adventurous and climbed in and out of a playpod by yourself.
And at home, you rediscovered Wild Animal Baby Explorers on the TV -- but unlike last year, you can watch a 10-minute show.
And you watch like this:
(I think Mommy disappears.)
Then, at week's end...Bubblepalooza! Daddy and the girls headed downtown. Hot, hot, hot -- but we found bubbles!
Lots of bubbles and wands to explore in the sun with Daddy...
And then we moved on to sidewalk chalk -- first time!
I think you liked it!
And finally, frozen custard -- chocolate, of course! -- and parachutes :)
Oh Lorelai -- you are such a sweet and sassy girl. I love being a part of your life, and I'm glad you're a part of our world. I'll hold these memories close as our family walks into the coming year.
'Til next time, Love to my Lorelai


















No comments:
Post a Comment