Our week started out quietly and sweetly. On Monday, you turned 18 months old, and I tried to record the moment while you played with your baby doll.
Then, a fall. We tried out swim lessons this week, and it's been an emotional ride. You shed some big tears that first day -- and also made some good steps toward gliding and kicking and floating. But as we were leaving, you slipped before I could react, and you got your first goose egg.
But soon, with the help of a lovey, you calmed down.
Later -- total bribery -- I decided to take you out for a cookie treat. We stopped at a fancy little bakery and had a snack, like big girls, at a table fit for tea.
I think you liked our mommy-daughter date :-)
Sweet, injured girl.
Later in the week, we tried a big trip downtown to a book store to join in a Tiny Tails petting zoo. You were a little confused, but you sat down with the other kids for a quick storytime...
And soon it was time to meet the animals. First, the Tiny Tails helpers sang a unique version of "Old McDonald" (who apparently had a tortoise and a chinchilla)
...and then they started letting groups of kiddos in to meet their little animal buddies. Besides petting the tortoise, the chinchilla, a lizard, and the cutest tiny hedgehog, you got to spend some sweet time with a bunny.
And Mommy had fun taking pics of your little friend :)
Then, one of your cousins, Maya, turned 4, and we got to go to her house to play. On your daddy's side of the family, you have six girl cousins, and I laughed at how quickly a couple of these girls accessorized you:
You also made me laugh as you explored Maya's big girl stuff. You got lost in her ginormous bean bag chair...
...and got a little, um, possessive with her bouncy horse.
Finally, at week's end, we visited Daddy at work. I hope you'll always remember how much your daddy loves you. There's a bit a theme in his wall decor:
Sweet man, your daddy -- and a bit of a ham. You seem to have this in common:
We had a nice lunch out together as a family.
By Friday, you seemed to be over your pool tumble. Actual swim lessons are still tough, but you seem to enjoy heading out together with me. I love you, little buddy.
'Til next time, Love to my Lorelai















No comments:
Post a Comment