Monday, June 11, 2012

Puppy Love

To my funny Lorelai:

You have recently made a very important discovery:
We have a dog.

Granted, you probably don't know what a "dog" is quite yet, but that walking, breathing ball of fluff is entertaining and a bit mystifying.
That fluff, my sweet, is Betty Boop, and until you came along, her role as dogbaby went unchallenged. She loves her people. So when we first brought you home, she did her doggy best to pout.

She seemed to especially pout around your momma, who she snuggled for hours on the couch as we awaited your arrival. 
I think she was rather confused, as, out of necessity in caring for my Lolabug, I paid her less attention in those first few months. She took to stubbornly wedging herself under my legs each evening, even if there was no room -- a habit she hasn't ditched yet.  And the first few times I tried to introduce the two of you face-to-face, she ran away. Truly.

But as I said, she loves her people. And I think she's starting to realize her people have increased by one. So she's beginning to check you out as you check her out.

She may not quite share your level of excitement about your budding friendship, especially since your excitement tends to culminate in a rather high-pitched shriek.

But I have no doubt that you're growing on her.

So be gentle, little Lorelai, and -- for goodness' sake -- spare her the fate of your little cat:

And soon enough, the two of you -- my baby and my dogbaby -- will be buddies for sure.

'Til next time, Love to my Lorelai :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment